Alf sequencer data

Craig Cary, Ph.D. caryc at strauss.udel.edu
Tue Jun 11 12:01:45 EST 1996

We have recently installed the package onto our Sun with Xterminal
application. We have data generated from an Alf sequencer that was
transfer both in ALF format and Staden format.  I successfully got the
data split using alfsplit and a file of file names made.  When I enter
into pre-gap it tells me it can't read reading file.  I end up with
empty failed, passed scf files.  I still have yet to see the data.
How do I configure the ALF files so I can get them into Xgap.  Thanks
for your help.