New trace viewer available for Windows

James Bonfield jkb at
Wed Apr 23 12:04:27 EST 1997

We're happy to announce the free availability of Trev (the TRace
Editor and Viewer) for Windows 95 and Windows NT. It supports reading
of ABI, ALF, SCF, plain text and Experiment File formats; and writing
of SCF, plain and Experiment File formats.

For more information fetch the readme file:

To download the executable fetch:

Please note that this is the first component of the Staden Package to
be ported to Windows. As such we are interested in any feedback,
whether it is good or bad.

PS. We will make the various UNIX ports of Trev freely available soon
too. Currently the ftp site contains only windows and linux binaries.
James Bonfield (jkb at   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 213556
Also see Staden Package WWW site at