Can't run software

James Bonfield jkb at
Mon Apr 6 03:54:47 EST 1998

In article <6g4ksj$4v1 at> James Whisstock <james.whisstock at> writes:
>I'm having real problem in that when I type nip4 sip4 etc I get
>23463:nip4sh: rld: Fatal Error: cannot map soname '' using
>any of the filenames

Please try downloading a new and files and
replacing the copies in $STADLIB/sgi-binaries/. They can be obtained

The early versions of 1997.1 had an error in these libraries which made
them incompatible with some SGI systems.

James Bonfield (jkb at   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 213556
Also see Staden Package WWW site at