makeSCF SGI ELF / src?

James Bonfield jkb at
Mon Mar 30 09:10:09 EST 1998

In article <351CF5DB.2BC03BEF at> Fourie Joubert <fourie at> writes:
>Can anyone tell me where to find a SGI ELF32 binary or source code for

makeSCF is part of the Staden Package and is not freely available (either as
a binary or as source). However the main guts of it (reading ABI, ALF,
SCF formats and writing to SCF) is freely available as part of our
io_lib package. Naturally though we recommend that you get the entire
Staden Package as there's much more than just an assembly
algorithm. See for
details and for a
taster. It's very cheap for academics.

James Bonfield (jkb at   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 213556
Also see Staden Package WWW site at