Handling EST sequences

Tulio De'Oliveria tulio at mvserve.med.und.ac.za
Tue Jun 29 07:54:14 EST 1999

The perfet choice for you is Consed, phred, phrap package.
I am using this package to analyse exactly small pieces of DNA (<1Kb). The
program is very altomated and easy to install.
To get the program it is necessary to sign the licence aggrement and
download the copy. this can be found at:
http://genome.washington.edu/consed/consed.html

If you have any problem to install or run you can contact me.
Tulio

       Tulio de Oliveira
BioInformatics - Virology department
      UND - Durban -S.A.
phone: +27 31 2612764
       +27 31 2604586
fax: +27 31 3603744

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, l. heijnen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are currently evaluating software packages that are able to analyse short
> (<500 bp)EST sequences in a high-trougput, automated mode.
>

> We are determining the EST sequences on an ABI 377.
> We would like to have base calls with quality scores.
> Vector sequences should be trimmed off automatically.
> Some (basic) assembly should be possible (forward/reverse run).
> Editting should be possible on trace files.
> Output sequences should be in Fasta format.
> The complete process should be fast (with very little "hands on work")
>
> Would the Staden package be a good choice to handle this job?
> Are there any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>

> L.heijnen at hccnet.nl

---