gap4: Changing tag colours in Contig Editor and Template View

James Bonfield jkb at
Thu Mar 25 04:21:53 EST 1999

In article <36F8A318.462D2C95 at Genetik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> Frank Vorhoelter <Frank.Vorhoelter at Genetik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> writes:
>is it possible to alter colours indicating tags in Contig Editor and in
>the "show template" window of Staden 1998.0 ? I found lots of settings
>that can be changed in .gaprc . There are many colour settings for
>nearly everything, but I could not identify any colour settings for tags

This is help in the GTAGDB file. Please search for this in the manual to find
the full details. However, suffice to say that you can simply copy
$STADENROOT/tables/GTAGDB to your home directory and edit the colours,
or add new tags if you wish.

James Bonfield (jkb at   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 213556
Also see Staden Package WWW site at