licence

James Bonfield jkb at arran.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 1 12:56:09 EST 2000

In <cupton-3110000957350001 at hera.bioc.uvic.ca> cupton at uvic.ca (Chris Upton) writes:

> Of now I have a new problem.....  get major X error and gap4 dies when I
> try to open a database. I'm using linux redhat 6.2.
> We'll try a few things.....  :-(

Are you using Gnome with Enlightenment as the window manager? I've experience
quite a few bugs under that combination - try another window manager if
so. (Redhat 7 appears to use sawfish as the wm instead.)

I've also seen X (rather than gap4) completely crash when making heavy use of
the trace display in 24-bit colour modes. I haven't managed to isolate the
cause for that yet though and I haven't tested whether Xfree86 4 has this
problem.

James
--
James Bonfield (jkb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk)   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 213556