From pregap4 to gap4: exp files

jkb at jkb at
Tue Jan 2 06:58:32 EST 2001

In <3A40C7D4.A16BC909 at> Johanne Duhaime <duhaimj at> writes:

> Bonjour
> I tried to use staden package for assembly.
> I first run pregaps and get the files exp created from my scf files.
> Then I use gap4. Create a new database, go to Assembly/ Directed
> assembly/ and select all the exp files created. Then I keep having the
> following:
> directed_assembly: no AP line in 'file name'
> What am I doing wrong?

Using directed assembly! :-)

Try using Normal Shotgun Assembly. Directed assembly assumes that all
experiment files have an assembly position (AP) marker indicating the rough
location in the final assembly - ie it can be used for importing phrap, fakii,
cap3, etc data.

James Bonfield (jkb at   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 213556
Also see Staden Package WWW site at