merging 2 gap4 databases

jkb at jkb at
Thu Jul 5 08:49:37 EST 2001

In <3B43566C.B86D430C at> Maria Danila <midanila at> writes:

> Hi, everyone!
> I've been unsuccessfully tried to merge 2 gap4 databases. I've followed
> the instructions in the staden help menu,  but for some reason the
> meeging didn't work. Could anyone help me?

If you're merging the entirety of the databases then an easy short cut is to
use copy_db on the command line:

copy_db DB1.0 DB2.0 MERGED.0

This merges DB1.0 and DB2.0 together to form a new database MERGED.0. You can
join any number together in a single operation. Note though that this does not
check for duplicate reading names.

James Bonfield (jkb at   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 213556
Also see Staden Package WWW site at