Staden scripting

Simon Andrews simon.andrews at
Fri Jun 29 02:26:34 EST 2001

jkb at wrote:
> In <sot*EyTZo at> Tim Cutts

Thanks for the replies guys.  I take the point about everything being
more efficient if I can do the whole lot in Tcl, but unfortunately the
Perl parts involve database access and network connections.  Basically
stuff which would take a lot of converting into Tcl (for me at least!).
The script will probably only run through 4-5 rounds of iteration before
it gets to a stage where it requires human intervention so hopefully the
overhead of starting gap 4 times won't be too great.

I'll have a play with this this morning.  I'll post the script I come up
with back here for comments and suggested improvements if that's OK.

Cheers again for the pointers