Scripting in Staden 2001

jkb at jkb at
Fri Jan 18 06:52:03 EST 2002

In <3C46D6AA.1C34FEF3 at> Simon Andrews <simon.andrews at> writes:

> Processing        2 in batch
> File name G10P630536FE3.T0.exp
> Reading length    587
> Thu 17 Jan 13:44:30 2002 Error: Error in FNDCON: illegal consensus
> header

(Guilty look)

Indeed. We detected (or rather were made aware of) this bug a couple of days
ago. It'll work if you change the database name to be 9 characters or less.
We've rebuilt the for some, but not yet all, of our supported
platforms (Alpha, Solaris and Linux so far). The new versions can be download

Apologies for this bug; it was created when increasing the absolute maximum
number of sequences in a database from 99,999 to 99,999,999.

James Bonfield (jkb at   Fax: (+44) 01223 213556
Also see Staden Package WWW site at