Staden open source

Peters, Sander sander.peters at wur.nl
Wed Oct 22 03:12:50 EST 2003

Dear All,

We at PRI are working with Staden for quite some years now starting with the Arabidopsis sequence initiative back in 1996. We think it's great. We believe Staden should be maintained and open sourcing it would be a first step. We would like to have a part in development of the package and link it up with new bioinformatics tools as well. We have programming experience as well and were a beta test site in development of the interface between Staden and BioLIMS. We welcome any initiative for improving the package, and if there's an initiative to start a developers platform for example, please let us know, we 'd like to join it!

Best,

Sander Peters,
Plant Research International,
Dept. of Bioscience,