[Staden] gap4 running problem load_alignment_matrix gap.tcl line 674

tmargus at ebc.ee tmargus at ebc.ee
Thu Aug 4 04:26:31 EST 2005

Hi,

I am beginner in using staden and first I fall in to problems with
installing/running it.
All staden folders are copied in /usr/local/bin/staden
and following lines are added to .bashrc
STADENROOT=/usr/local/bin/staden; export STADENROOT
source $STADENROOT/staden.profile

But when I running gap4 I got followin error

[tmargus at localhost ~]$ gap4
invalid command name "load_alignment_matrix"
    while executing
"load_alignment_matrix       [keylget gap_defs ALIGNMENT.MATRIX_FILE]"
    (file "/usr/local/bin/staden/lib/gap/gap.tcl" line 674)

Any help and suggestions are welcome

 Tõnu Margus

Tartu university
Riia 23