Problems with Windows v.1.5.3 (=2004.1) of GAP4

andrew.mitchell at dpi.nsw.gov.au andrew.mitchell at dpi.nsw.gov.au
Wed Jan 5 12:03:20 EST 2005

Dear All,

I have used the Windows 2002 version extensively and had few problems, if
any. I've just upgraded to the latest version and I cannot open any of my
files, or even create new ones. I have tracked down part of the problem,
but not all:

I have discovered that the latest windows version of GAP4 cannot handle
spaces in the path name of a file. I kept on getting an error saying it
could not find my files, until I replaced all spaces in all folder and
subfolder names with underscores - that fixed it.

Now at least I can get GAP4 to open when I double-click the .aux file.
However, I still cannot edit contigs: Although all chromatograms "passed"
and none are listed in the "failed" file the "edit contig" option is
greyed out and not accessible. This is only a problem with GAP4 databases
created in the latest version of PreGap - not with my old databases
created with the 2002 version. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew
Andrew Mitchell
Agricultural Scientific Collections Unit, OAI
NSW Department of Primary Industries
Forest Rd
Orange NSW 2800
AUSTRALIA

Tel: +61 (0)2 6391 3848
Fax: +61 (0)2 6391 3899

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or
received it in error, please delete the message and notify sender. Views
expressed are those of the individual sender and are not necessarily the
views of their organisation.