Please read--organized discussions on bionet.toxicology?

Jim Astwood jdastw at
Mon Aug 28 19:44:07 EST 1995

In article <199508161533.KAA22608 at>,
rellim at MAILHOST.TCS.TULANE.EDU (Chuck Miller) wrote:

> Dear Tox Netters,

> If you have a particular subject that you would like to suggest for
> discussion (and perhaps would like to lead the group in a discussion) then
> please let me know. I envision these discussions as an "online" journal
> club of sorts. Perhaps we could discuss one specific topic each month. If
> you are happy with the way the group is functioning in the absence of
> organized discussions, I would like to know that too.

> Chuck

How about an organized discussion of novel proteins - i.e. how do you do
toxicology on proteins which end up in the food supply or other
biotechnology products (say transgenic plants)?  What parameters are worth
looking at, and aren't proteins generally safe anyway?

Dr. James D. Astwood
Department of Regulatory Science
Monsanto Company
St. Louis. MO