Please read--organized discussions on bionet.toxicology?

Jim Astwood jdastw at ccmail.monsanto.com
Mon Aug 28 19:44:07 EST 1995

In article <199508161533.KAA22608 at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>,
rellim at MAILHOST.TCS.TULANE.EDU (Chuck Miller) wrote:

> Dear Tox Netters,

>< STUFF DELETED <
> If you have a particular subject that you would like to suggest for
> discussion (and perhaps would like to lead the group in a discussion) then
> please let me know. I envision these discussions as an "online" journal
> club of sorts. Perhaps we could discuss one specific topic each month. If
> you are happy with the way the group is functioning in the absence of
> organized discussions, I would like to know that too.

> Chuck

Chuck,

How about an organized discussion of novel proteins - i.e. how do you do
toxicology on proteins which end up in the food supply or other
biotechnology products (say transgenic plants)?  What parameters are worth
looking at, and aren't proteins generally safe anyway?

Jim
--
Dr. James D. Astwood
Department of Regulatory Science