Ph.D in Environ.Toxicol.-Looking for PDF

droraka at bgumail.bgu.ac.il droraka at bgumail.bgu.ac.il
Fri Jul 7 02:49:52 EST 1995

Apologies for posting this again, as I assume that the one posted before
has not reached. Ignore this if you have seen  already. Thankyou.

I am a doctorate in   the area of Environmental Toxicology and I worked on
'monitoring of metal pollution in East Coast of India using bivalve
molluscs as indicators'. I am presently working as a post-doc trainee (till
Sept. '95 at the address given in CV) on 'mechanism(s) involved in heavy
metal tolerance in some algal strains'.  I am looking out for a Post-doc
position in biochemical toxicology of metals and related areas.  My CV is
given below:

  Curriculum Vitae

NAGARAJA TEJO PRAKASH

Present address (till Sept. '95) : Environmental Microbiology Unit, Jacob
Blaustein Institute for Desert Research, Ben-Gurion University of the
Negev, Sede-Boqer Campus 84990, ISRAEL.
(Tel.:++972-7-565766; Fax:++972-7-565835; E-mail: droraka at bgumail.bgu.ac.il
<attn: Tejo>)

Permanent address:  17-1-380/E/2, Central Excise Colony, Saidabad (PO),
Hyderabad - 500 659,                 India.(Tel.: ++91-40-528422).

Date of birth: 27 July 1965

Qualifications:

Ph.D: Pondicherry Univerisity, India; Year: 1995; Title: Studies on the
metal content in marine             bivalve, Perna viridis (L) in East
Coast of India.

M.Sc: S.V.University, India;Year: 1987; Subject: Zoology (spl. Molecular
Physiology); Distinction: Fourth Rank in the University.

B.Sc: Osmania University, India; Year: 1985; Subject: Biology and
Chemistry; Distinction: First Rank in the University.

Publications:

Tejo Prakash, N. and Jagannatha Rao, KS. 1993. Fres. Environ. Bull., 2:
509-513. Relationship between the metal content in bivalve shell and its
physical parameters.

Tejo Prakash, N. and Naidu, TS. 1993. Fres. Environ. Bull., 2: 730-734.
Observations on the physical measurements and condition indices in marine
bivalve, Perna viridis (L)

Tejo Prakash, N. Naidu, TS. and Jagannatha Rao, KS. 1994. Chem. Ecol., 9:
1-6. Metal content in selected tissues and shell of Perna viridis (L) from
Pondicherry, East Coast of India.

Tejo Prakash, N., Naidu, TS. and Jagannatha Rao, KS. 1994. Ind. J. Environ.
Toxicol., 4: 1-6. Metals in marine waters and bivalves from coastline of
India - A mini review.

Tejo Prakash, N. and Jagannatha Rao, KS. 1995. Mol. Cell. Biochem. (in
press). Modulations in anti-oxidant enzymes in different tissues of marine
bivalve, Perna viridis (L) during heavy metal exposure.

Syposium/training attended:

Presented a paper on 'Shell nacre as an index of metal bioavailability in
marine environment' in International symposium on recent trends in life
sciences, Nov. 1993. India.

Participated in the International Course on Wastewater Treatment and Reuse
at Jacob Blaustein Institute for Desert Research, Ben-Gurion University of
the Negev, Sede-Boqer Campus, Israel.

Technical Experience:

Enzyme assay techniques; Algal culture techniques; Atomic Absorption
Spectrometry