Toxicity: pyrethrins, (S)-Methoprene, Permethrin...

Van Piercy vpiercy at
Fri Jul 28 11:16:06 EST 1995

In article <mtracy2-2007950002280001 at>,
Mark L. Tracy <mtracy2 at> wrote:
>Two good references for a quick overview of such stuff are "Merck Index"
>and "Farm Chemicals Handbook" both available at your library. There will
>be further references in these books to more details in the technical
>Also a few clarifications, items 6 and 7 should be combined to read
>Chlorpyrofos: O,O-Dethyl O-(3,5,6-trichloro-2-pyridyl) phosphorothioate
>Pyrethrins are a class of naturally occurring insecticides. Pyrethroids
>are synthetic analogs, of which permethrin is a member.
>have fun,
>Mark Tracy

Thanks Mark for the Merck Index and Farm Chemicals Handbook references.
Thanks also for your clarifications.  I want to educate myself on this
stuff and any useful information is most appreciated.