Toxicological Databases

Pete Phillips pete at smtl.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 06:18:07 EST 1995

Hi,

I am looking for any databases which may summarise the toxicological
properties of various medical materials used in devices, for example
platinum, medical plastics, latex etc.

The types of in-vitro and in-vivo tox data I'm interested in include
areas such as Cytotoxicity, Haemolysis, Mutagenesis, Systemic
Toxicity, Irritation Tests, Sensitisation tests, Haemocompatability
etc ..

Has anyone any ideas on either commercial or non-commercial sources of
information please ?

Could you please reply by mail as our site doesn't take this group ?

thanks for your time,
Pete
-----
Pete Phillips, Deputy Director, Surgical Materials Testing Lab,
Bridgend General Hospital, S. Wales. Fax: +44 1656-667291 pete at smtl.demon.co.uk
--
If you think knowledge is expensive, you should try ignorance.