Looking for Cyanobacterial Toxin Information

"Joseph K." Ball kdb1 at ellis.uchicago.edu
Sun Nov 12 21:59:44 EST 1995

Hello,

I am looking for information on cyanobacterial toxins, especially
anatoxins and the hepatotoxins nodularin and microcystin.
I am basically interested in LD 50 ratings, or references to toxigological
studies of these compounds. Of these toxins, I have only been able
to locate saxitoxin (in the Merck Index).

By the way, does anyone know if there are databases of molecular
structures, for instance for the toxins named above? (ie a database
that can be searched by name and chemical type)

Please e-mail to k-ball at uchicago.edu

Thanks in advance!

Keith

PS There is (was?) a Wayne Carmichael at Wayne State University
that seems to have done a lot of work in this area. Does anyone
know his e-mail address (or any other way to reach him)?

--
Keith Ball             \ | /    "Afraid nobody around here
Dept. of Physics       /\|/\     Comprehends my potato...