Elixir of Suplfanamide incident

John M J Krzymuski John at radvan.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 14 04:56:23 EST 1995

I hope this may be the right place to find someone with knowledge of
the following:
On behalf of a friend I'm trying to find references to an incident of
mass poisoning caused by Diethylene Glycol in the USA in the 1930's.
I understand that event was known as the "Elixir of Suplfanamide"(?)
incident after the "cure-all" potion being sold that casued the
poisoning. It was possibly in Chicago and possibly in 1934/35.
If you can provide any pointers it would be appreciated.

~!
John Krzymuski G4DQW    John at radvan.demon.co.uk
Radio : G4DQW at GB7AVM.#47.GBR.EU  or PacketCluster GB7DXI