Skin permeation rate of chemicals

Greg Wagner spirited at aimnet.com
Mon Apr 1 17:51:12 EST 1996

We use in vitro skin penetration data extensively in our research and
development efforts.  I have an interest in utilizing in vitro skin
penetration data as a substitute, when appropriate, in place of PK
studies for formulation development and safety assessment.  In fact I
was just at FDA today when this point came up in one of our discussions.
One of my colleagues provided a copy of an article obtained at the SOT
last month which compared dermal absorption using in vitro and in vivo
methods. I'll find the reference and post it, but please email me
privately and I can provide you more information.

Greg Wagner, Ph.D.
spirited at aimnet.com
415/638-3016
Penederm Incorporated