Taurine

Paul Whitehead p.whitehead at dial.pipex.com
Thu Dec 5 10:31:51 EST 1996

One of my colleagues has asked me a question concerning the CNS
effects of taurine, particularly relating to stimulation/excitation.
I conducted an internet search which came up with some useful
information on taurine, and there was an implication of CNS
stimulation, but without any specific details.  Taurine appears to be
used in conjunction with caffeine in 'power drinks', as a source of
'energy'.

Does any participant in this ng have any information on the CNS
stimulatory effect of taurine and its toxicological implication?

Thanks in advance.