Animal Models in Toxicology: Discussion Topic

DrJackBud drjackbud at aol.com
Tue Feb 6 06:06:31 EST 1996

Good question!  I personally can't answer it but I would be interested in
what the criteria or attributes you would consider essential for an animal
moded to be a good representation of Alzheimer's disease.  What would you
want such an animal model to do?  What must it exhibit?  Given an animal
model for Alzheimer's disease, what would it be used for?  Test
therapeutic agents?  Examine underlying processes for Alzheimer's disease?
 How would you know you would have a good animal model when presented with
one?