is there a dioxin faq?

Anil K Dhiri, DVM,MBA pathit at pathit.com
Fri Feb 16 20:55:45 EST 1996

Martin Braun wrote:

> hello,
> does anyone know if theres a dioxin faq,
> and where are good (objective) sites on dioxin and its toxicology ?
> thanx in advance,
> martin

Martin

Around 25 pages on the web.
See the list below.
Dr Anil K Dhiri, DVM.MBA
mailto:webmaster at pathit.com
PathIT© Pathology On-line
Pathology beyond 2000AD
http://pathit.com
mailto:info at pathtit.com

Hope it helps.

 Professional Activities

         -- http://georgia.ncl.ac.uk/Prof.html (Score 75, Size 3K)
         Current Research Projects: . Immunometric assays for small
molecules, incorporating anti-idiotypic technology to
         identify hapten-occupied binding sites on capture antibody. .
See our new paper just out in November: .
         High-Performance Assays of ... (See also Similar Pages)

       The resident's electronic handbook ...

         -- http://www.medana.unibas.ch/eng/amnesix1/cormain.htm (Score
69, Size 31K)
         HEART . Anti-Arrhythmic Drugs . Beta-Adrenergic Antagonists .
Calcium Channel Antagonists . Cardiac
         Dysrhythmias . Digitalisation . Digitalis Intoxication .
Endocarditis Prophylaxis . Cardiomyopathy . LOWN
         Classification . Re-infarct ... (See also Similar Pages)

       Isoptin (Verapamil)

         -- http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-i03.html (Score 69, Size
37K)
         Drug monograph . Table of Contents . Pharmacology . Indications
. Contraindications . Warnings . Precautions .
         Adverse Effects . Overdose . Dosage . Supplied . Research
1991-95 . Pharmacology . Antihypertensive - ... (See
         also Similar Pages)

       Descriptions of Common OTC and Prescription Drugs

         -- http://www.med.ufl.edu/medinfo/geri/drugs.html (Score 68,
Size 7K)
         Maintained by the University of Florida, College of Medicine,
this page has descriptions of many common and some
         not-so-common drugs found over the counter or by prescription.
(See also Drugs & health products, ,Similar Pages)

       Congestive Heart Failure, Acute and Chronic

         -- http://www.via.net/~cvri/chf.html (Score 67, Size 5K)
         Return to CVRI home page . Previous Clinical Studies: .
Amlodipine (PRAISE), Capoten, Carvedilol, D-Sotolol
         (SWORD), Digoxin, Dobutamine, Flolan/PGE1 (FIRST), Flosequinan,
Fosinopril, Lisinopril, Milrinone/IV & Oral
         (PROMISE), ... (See also Similar Pages)

       Conference Announcements - Population PK/PD Modeling, Optimal TDM,

http://www.iao.fhg.de/Library/conferences/conf/1996-02-23-kinetics.html
(Score 67, Size 16K)
         Conference Announcements . Announcements posted to the newsgroup
news.announce.conferences are also available
         through this WorldWideWeb server at the Fraunhofer Institute IAO
(http://www.iao.fhg.de/Library/conferences/) in
         Stuttgart, Germany. You ... (See also Similar Pages)

       Zoloft

         -- http://www.fairlite.com/ocd/medications/zoloft.shtml (Score
65, Size 38K)
         sertraline hydrochloride tablets . Description . Zoloft
(sertraline hydrochloride) is and antidepressant for oral
         administration. It is chemically unrelated to tricyclic,
tetracyclic, or other available antidepressant agents. It has a ...
         (See also Similar Pages)

       Guidelines for Regional Toxicology Treatment Centers (RTTC)

         -- http://www.pitt.edu/~martint/pages/rttcguid.htm (Score 65,
Size 14K)
         FACILITY ASSESSMENT GUIDELINES: . REGIONAL TOXICOLOGY TREATMENT
CENTERS .
         Introduction . A regional toxicology treatment center (RTTC)
provides comprehensive treatment for severe or unusual
         cases of poisonings. All activities of the facility ... (See
also Similar Pages)

       Primary Care Teaching Module: Office Management of Obstructive
Lung Disease

         --
http://www-med.stanford.edu/MedSchool/DGIM/Teaching/Modules/copd.html
(Score 65, Size 26K)

       The OUHSC Cardiac Arrhythmia Advisory System: Electrocardiographic
Rhythms

         -- http://wailer.vahsc.uokhsc.edu/einth-2-rhythms.html (Score
63, Size 35K)
         The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center . Cardiac
Arrhythmia Advisory System . Electrocardiographic
         Rhythms . This document is not intended to give medical advice.
It is intended to serve as a reminder to health care ...
         (See also Similar Pages)
 The EINTHOVEN System: Electrocardiographic Rhythms

         -- http://amplatz.uokhsc.edu/rhythms.html (Score 63, Size 39K)
         Clinical ECG menu . This document is not intended to give
medical advice. It is intended to serve as a reminder to
         health care professionals of information they have already
learned. Do not rely on this document for making medical
         decisions. . ... (See also Similar Pages)

       POPE5 POSTERS

         -- http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/CEC/5posters.html (Score 63, Size
20K)
         PERSPECTIVES ON PROTEIN ENGINEERING . POSTER ABSTRACTS .
BROWSING OR SEARCHING .
         We are aiming to place all accepted posters here in batches. If
you submitted an abstract please be patient with us!
         Each abstract is actually in a ... (See also Similar Pages)

       Doctor's Guide to the Internet

         -- http://www.pslgroup.com/dg951114d.htm (Score 63, Size 12K)
         During Trial Carvedilol Cuts Risk of Death by 67% in Patients
with CHF . ANAHEIM, Calif., Nov. 13, 1995 -- **
         NOTE: TRUNCATED STORY ** The following was issued today by
SmithKline Beecham (NYSE: SBE, SBH): .
         Patients with congestive ... (See also Similar Pages)

       Centre For Medical Education : Web Update

         -- http://www.dundee.ac.uk/meded/webupdate/ (Score 63, Size 4K)
         Articles kindly provided by Reed Healthcare Publishing . Send
comments about Web Update to the editor . Articles
         available online include : . Hot topics . Tuberculosis: an
update . Cataract surgery . Antitumour agents . Medical ...
         (See also Similar Pages)

       PHARMKIN

         -- http://www.graphpad.com/www/pkin1.html (Score 62, Size 3K)
         teaches the principles of pharmacokinetics through computer
simulations and extensive help screens. . PHARMKIN
         has been used successfully to demonstrate the basic principles
of pharmacokinetics to first and second year medical
         students, and to ... (See also Similar Pages)

       HDCN-- Drug, Toxin, Device Alerts

         -- http://www.medtext.com/drugs.htm (Score 62, Size 3K)
         Return to HDCN home page . Relevant FDA actions . The U.S. Food
and Drug Administration (FDA) home page
         address is http://www.fda.gov. . Recall of possibly mislabelled
generic prednisone tablets. November 21, 1995 . Drug
         Alerts . ... (See also Similar Pages)

       Marfan Syndrome in Infants

         --
http://indy.radiology.uiowa.edu/Welcome/ColOfMed/ICM/M3Files/PedMarfans.html (Score 62, Size 6K)
         I. History . A. Marfan syndrome - autosomal dominant disorder of

       Toxicology Curriculum for Emergency Medicine Residents

         -- http://www.pitt.edu/~martint/pages/emrescur.htm (Score 61,
Size 7K)
         This curriculum was presented to a meeting of the Toxicology
Section of the American College of Emergency
         Physicians. I am uncertain if it has been officially endorsed or
accepted by any organization. . I. General Management
         of the Poisoned ... (See also Similar Pages)

       Medicine in Shangri La Robert ...

         -- http://www.inpros.com/nepal/neplit/ytra/Shangri_la.html
(Score 61, Size 14K)
         M. Jackson, M.D., F.A.C.P. Birmingham VA Medical Center and
University of Alabama at Birmingham Birmingham,
         Alabama . Short title: Shangri La . Correspondence and reprints:
. Robert M. Jackson, M.D. Division of Pulmonary
         and Critical Care Medicine ... (See also Similar Pages)

       Medical Sciences Bulletin

         -- http://pharminfo.com/pubs/msb/ (Score 61, Size 28K)
         Published by: Pharmaceutical Information Associates, Ltd. .
Electronic distribution rights: VirSci Corporation . How to
         Use MSB | What's New | Editors and Advisers | Glossary | Letters
to the Editor . FREE Subscription Information | ...
         (See also Similar Pages)
 Sexual Disorders

         -- http://www.cityscape.co.uk/users/ad88/sex.htm (Score 61, Size
15K)
         Extract from Psychiatry in General Practice. (1994) Edited by
Green . ISBN 0-7923-8851-8. Published by Kluwer
         Academic Publishers . Enquiries about the book can be addressed
to Dr Peter Clarke ae50 at CityScape.co.uk or
         click here. . ... (See also Similar Pages)

       JHMI-InfoNet: Pathfinder Frequently Used Reference Ranges

         -- http://cwis.welch.jhu.edu/clinical/pathfind/ref_ranges.html
(Score 61, Size 24K)
         Pathfinder 1994-1995 . FREQUENTLY USED REFERENCE RANGES . 5-FC,
ANTIBIOTIC LEVEL SM
         50-100 MCG/ML 1 HOUR POST DOSE ACETAMINOPHEN,SERUM CH 10-20 MG/L
HEPATOTOXICITY
         LIKELY WITH LEVELS ABOVE 200 MG/L 4 HRS. POST INGESTION. AFP
TUMOR MARKER - ... (See
         also Similar Pages)

       Dilation & Extraction

         -- http://www.mcs.com/~dougp/dx.html (Score 61, Size 17K)
         abortions . News Flash!! Congress may outlaw D&X . ** Ban on
Partial Birth Abortion Method (Canady bill) Most
         Americans know little about the actual methods of abortion or
exactly what those methods do to an unborn child at
         various stages ... (See also Similar Pages)

       No Title Provided

         -- http://www.njnet.com/~embbs/photo/photo.html (Score 60, Size
34K)
         EMBBS Clinical Photograph Library . Contributed by: . Lawrence
B. Stack, M.D. and Alan B. Storrow, M.D. . Over
         one hundred clinical photos, some with correlating radiographs
and EKG's! Download and save for future use. . Most
         images are ... (See also Similar Pages)

       BIS - Sample BISMIR

         -- http://www.fyi.net/~bismir/bissampl.htm (Score 60, Size 60K)
         Biomedical Information Systems . Medical and biotechnology
information for non-professionals . This page has been
         accessed 1289 times since 10/23/95. . | Home | What is a BISMIR?
| Sample BISMIR | Survey | . SAMPLE
         BISMIR ... (See also Similar Pages)