Pyrethrum - Plant? I am urgently looking for a picture of this...Proper name is Tanacetum?

RReeves rreeves at aol.com
Fri Feb 23 09:06:18 EST 1996

Pyrethrum, which is a chemical is derived from the chrysanthemum flower.
You should be able to find that in most gardening encyclopedias.  I'm not
sure what Tanacetum is.  I am somewhat familiar with pyrethrums based on
information received from NIOSH, National Institute for Occupational
Safety and Health, the research branch of the Occupational Safety and
Health Administration.  The NIOSH branch in Cincinnati has an (800) number
which you can call and request literature about toxic substances like
pyrethrum or pyrethrins.  Their turn around time is excellent, I usually
get stuff in a week.  Good Luck