Info Request -- Multiple Chemical Exposure (including methanol) in transit bus workplace

Bigcat davlef at city.medicine-hat.ab.ca
Tue Feb 27 12:33:24 EST 1996

Can anyone out there help me?  I work for a municipality that maintained
a fleet of methanol-powered transit buses for many years.  About a year
ago, some of the drivers and mechanics formed the belief that they were
suffering adverse health effects related to their workplace exposure to
methanol.  Conventional medical testing revealed no cause and effect
relationship.  However, a recent report from a physician retained by
these workers (who has apparently studied the phenomenon of multiple
chemical exposure) indicates that the workers are indeed suffering from
their workplace exposure to methanol, and to other pollutants which have
brought about what the report describes as a condition of "metabolic
acidosis".

We need someone who can provide critical peer review of this report, and
perhaps conduct independent testing of the individuals involved.  My name
is David Leflar, I work for the City of Medicine Hat legal department,
and I would appreciate direct e-mail response at
davlef at city.medicine-hat.ab.ca