Superfund Site Bioremediation

Megan C. McShane mmcsh01 at emory.edu
Sat Jan 13 13:44:43 EST 1996

I am a doctoral student at Emory University where I specialize in Art
and Ecology, through the art history department. I have been working on
a collaborative effort between the artist Mel Chin and the scientist Dr.
Rufus Chaney.  They work together to genetically engineer
hyperaccumulator plant species for bioremediation of soil. They have two
current test programs operating on United States Superfund Sites.  They
have doubled their grant base, due to the interdisciplinary nature of
the project, which incorporates aesthetic components.  I am very
interested in sharing information on the project(s), and would like
information on possible venues for publication or conferences.
Additionally, I am wiritng my dissertation on a group of artists who
work in waste mangement.  All of the artists either work with solid or
water waste and are engaged in bioremediation practices/principles.

Looking forward to responses,

Megan C McShane