Immunochemical Tags for Apoptosis?

Angela Hofstra Hofstra at
Fri Mar 22 13:40:51 EST 1996

Anil K Dhiri <pathit at> wrote:
>I am lookinto into apoptosis and would be keen to hear from individuals
>who have used an immunochemical marker to identify apoptotic bodies in
>the liver.
>Pathology On-Line

We've used ApoTag from Oncor on formalin fixed rat and mouse liver.  It
didn't work on frozen liver at all.  There is a good article by Tom
Goldsworthy in Toxicologic Pathology 24(1):24-35, 1996, comparing
different methods for measuring apoptosis in liver.  We've also used an
ELISA kit from Boehringer with some success.

Good luck,