Estrogen Receptor Assay

J. S. Amenta amenta at vms.cis.pitt.edu
Sat Nov 2 13:42:25 EST 1996

Raymond Pierre wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with the assay of estrogen receptor?  We are
....etc
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Pierre
....My experience is mostly with breast and gyn cancers, which I believe
have higher conc of E2 receptor than liver. For one thing, look up how
others do the assay in liver, which means that it must be adjusted to
attain max sensitivity. Another thought: Is the conc of DES too high.
The trick here is to inhibit the non-specific and not affect the
specific receptor binding. You have to find the right conc just between
these two effects.