The use of methadon in treatment of heroin addicts

Chris Ulens chris.ulens at
Mon Nov 11 09:14:38 EST 1996

I was wondering what you think about the use of methadon in treatment of
heroin addicts.
Do you think that methadon can be classified as a drug in the sense of 'a
cure for the patient', or do you rather see methadon as 'an easy and cheap
way to get stoned' on the costs of the gouvernement ?

I live in Belgium and this topic is will soon be discussed in the
It seems that most politicians approve this treatment if it is supported by
psychosocial monitoring  the drug addicts.

I'd like to hear what you and the politicians in your country think about

Kind regards,