Insecticides harmful to humans?

Ralf G. R. Bergs rabe at RWTH-Aachen.DE
Sat Oct 12 10:44:28 EST 1996

[Note: F'up set to poster, i.e. answers are directed to my mailbox.
Will post summary if required.]

Hi there,

please forgive me if this article sounds "clumsy", or if I'm posting
to an inappropriate newsgroup, but I don't know a thing about biology,
and I probably don't know the proper English technical terms.

In about a week an exterminator will spray insecticides in our
appartements to get rid off the silverfish that are being observed
since about a year.

We are very concerned that the insecticides could be harmful to
humans, especially since some of us have asthma and other allergies.

The insecticides they plan to spray are "micro-capsulated
chlorine-pyrifos" (an emulsion) and another (unnamed) dusty
insecticide. I hope I translated the name correctly, I only know the
German name "mikroverkapseltes Chlorpyrifos (Emulsion) gezielt".

Please, if you can give us any info about possible unhealthy effects,
send us e-mail.

Thank you very much in advance.

  Ralf

--
Ralf G. R. Bergs * Welkenrather Str. 100--102 * 52074 Aachen * Germany
+49-241-876892, +49-241-877776 (fax), rabe at rwth-aachen.de  * Team OS/2