Eels

Alec Powell Alec at prole.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 8 15:40:45 EST 1996

I wonder if anyone contributing to this newsgroup can help me?Over in
uk.rec fishing we have been having a discussion on eels.(Freshwater
variety (Anguilla Anguilla?).It has been suggested that the slime
covering their bodies is highly toxic and is only rendered harmless by
cooking.Can any of you learned types out there confirm this and possibly
let me know of any areas of research that I can go to to find out more
on the subject.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in
anticipation.
Alec Powell: Alec at prole.demon.co.uk