Research Officer, term, 11 months, Biotechnology Research Institute

Jennifer Laidlaw jennifer.laidlaw at nrc.ca
Wed Apr 16 14:09:14 EST 1997

NRC is a dynamic, nationwide R&D organization committed to helping Canada
realize its potential as an innovative and competitive nation. Combining
our strengths – outstanding people, core science expertise and
information, research programs focused on key technologies and technology
diffusion – with those of industrial and academic partners, we foster
Canada's emerging national system of innovation.

Research Officer, term, 11 months
Biotechnology Research Institute, Montreal, Quebec

Your Challenge

The incumbent will, individually or as part of a team, develop, initiate,
participate in and manage strategic and client-supported research
activities in areas related to ecotoxicity testing using mammalian and
invertebrate based cell culture systems, as well as ecological risk
assessment approaches. Research findings will be transferred to
scientific colleagues, to industry and practitioners. Some of the duties
include development and application of novel methods and approaches to
assess the toxicity of contaminated soils and provide new experimental
tools for better environmental site management.

Your Credentials

Ph.D. in Environmental Toxicology.

Experience

Several years’ experience in relevant research using mammalian and
invertebrate cell-based ecotoxicity bioassays, as evidenced by
publications and/or contract reports. Practical experience in teaching to
laboratory personnel and to graduate students.  Hands-on experience in
developing and implementing ecotoxicity tests for strategic research
projects. Experience in interacting with industrial clients on
ecotoxicology projects.

Language requirements

French or English.

Condition of employment

A security screening will be required.

Salary Range

Commensurate with qualifications.

Closing date

April 25, 1997.  Please quote reference number RB96-199.

To explore this opportunity, send your resume to: Sophie Lanctôt, Human
Resources Assistant, National Research Council Canada, 6100 Royalmount
Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, H4P 2R2.

NRC is an equal opportunity employer.  We thank all those who apply.
However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.