Daphnia Reproduction Test

MDAVOREN POST GRAD mdavoren at SERVER1.RTC-ATHLONE.IE
Thu Apr 17 03:40:05 EST 1997

Hi All,

I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup but I shall ask anyway.
I am currently working with Daphnia magna and have successfully
completed the 24 and 48 hour immobilisation tests. I now want to
start the reproduction test using a semi-static test solution (i.e
replacing test solution every 24 or 48 hours).

I would really like to talk to anyone who has performed this test as
my first attempt was not successful due to loss of controls. I am
using 50ml beakers placed in an aquarium as my test containers and
all solutions are aerated prior to addition of Daphnia. All
correspondance and suggestions will be gratefully received.

Regards,

                Maria Davoren

M.Davoren
Toxicology Unit,
Athlone RTC,
Co. Westmeath,
Ireland.

E-mail :MDAVOREN at SERVER1.RTC-ATHLONE.IE