WWW: Hardin Meta Directory update - Toxicology

Eric Rumsey eric-rumsey at uiowa.edu
Wed Jun 4 09:42:01 EST 1997

This is to announce an updated version of the Hardin Meta Directory web
page for Toxicology. All links have been checked to confirm connection and
new links have been added, including the following:

-Poisonous Plant Databases, Maryland Poison Center
-Search Engines in Toxicology, Stephane Babo, Univ Montreal

A *new and important feature* for Hardin MD is that we are now using a
link checker to check the connection rate for the lists that are included.
Generally the lists with better connection rates are toward the top of
their size category (although size of the list is also a consideration in
placement). Lists on the updated Hardin MD Toxicology page with especially
good connection rates include:

-Karolinska Institute MIC-KIBIC MeSH Index - Poisoning
-Useful Web Sites for Chemical Safety Information, Global Information
Network on Chemicals, NIHS, Japan.
-Toxicology Resources, Univ Torino, Italy
-Medical Matrix - Toxicology

Of course, using our link checker, the links on our own pages have
superlative connection rates, generally above 98%.

The URL for the Hardin Meta Directory Toxicology page is -
http://www.arcade.uiowa.edu/hardin-www/md-tox.html

Please check it out !

Please post this message to appropriate listservs.

If you would like to receive e-mail notices for all Hardin MD updates (1-2
messages per wk), please e-mail me directly at rumsey at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu.
DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

Eric Rumsey, Hardin Library for the Health Sciences
University of Iowa, Iowa City IA 52242
<eric-rumsey at uiowa.edu>
319-335-9875 (voice), 319-335-9897 (fax)
Hardin Meta Directory of Internet Health Sources
http://www.arcade.uiowa.edu/hardin-www/md.html
Reviewed in Consumer Reports, Feb 1997, p 29