Daniel dash33 at
Sun Jun 29 22:08:17 EST 1997

On 28 Jun 1997 12:49:53 GMT, aq12 at (Antonio Quiñones)

>Is there a safe dose for smoking (first hand)?
>Specifically for cancer or pulmonary disease.
I seem to recall that Gio Gori got himself fired by the NCI for an
article in Science some years ago that said that something like 3- 5
cigs a day didn't result in measurable increases in risk.   This was
for lung cancer, I believe.  Unfortunately, many-perhaps most
-smoking/epidemiology studies use 1-10 cigs a day as the lowest
category of consumption to develop statistical estimates of risk.