TRAINING ON CARDIO-RESPIRATORY

Jan Czekajewski 76220.1077 at CompuServe.COM
Mon Mar 24 10:24:06 EST 1997

TRAINING PROGRAM ON MEASUREMENTS OF CARDIO-RESPIRATORY PARAMETERS
IN RATS/MICE
In order to meet the need of scientists, researchers, and
students, we have set up a five day training program on measuring
cardio-respiratory parameters in rats/mice. The well experienced
physiologist Dr. P.K. Ghosh is going to teach the technique
individually to all participants in a class of three students. We
will be able to offer this opportunity only to four groups (each
group with 3 researchers/students). Each group will have five
days of class consisting of lectures followed by several
extensive lab works using rats/mice. The classes will focus
mainly on the followings:
1.Measurement of Cardiac Output by thermodilution in rats/mice
including catheterization in different blood vessels.
2. End-Tidal CO2 measurement in rats/mice using Micro-Capnometer.
3.Measurement of respiratory frequency in unrestrained rats/mice
by plethysmographic method.
4.Measurement of oxygen consumption and CO2 production in home
cages and during exercise on Treadmill.
5. Lung function in rats by carbon monoxide uptake test.
The starting date will be June 20, July 11, August 1, and
September 5, 1997. Please register early because of limited
available space. For information on registration fee and class
schedule, please contact Columbus Instruments at
PradipG at aol.com (Ph: 614-276-0861; Fax: 614-276-0529).