HFC-134a in Cars - Can it make you Crash?

Tom Adams coltom at dcr.net
Wed Oct 15 01:03:34 EST 1997

Rick wrote:
> Hugh Easton wrote:
 > Aren't chemicals  like this supposed to be tested on animals before
> > being licenced for use in situations where people might be exposed to
> > them? It sounds like Dupont and the EPA have perpetrated a massive
> > fraud, banning the use of cheap, nontoxic, and environmentally
> > friendly hydrocarbons in favour of these noxious poisons.
> >
> > Hugh Easton
>
> Oh for G-sake! Gasoline is 'highly' toxic.
> Rick

First of all,  the EPA did not Ban the use CFC's,  it was an
international treaty.

Secondandly, they are not environmentally friendly hyrdocarbons.  The
are not friendly, they are not hydrocarbons.

And thirdly, as I work with one of the sources that produces HFC's,
(Which are not being produced by DuPoint, by the way you conspiracy
nuts),  there are MSDS sheets that list known know risk and toxicity
data.  The effects that the original posture discussed would have been
discovered during product safety.
Also, the NTSB looked at toxicity data.