Toxicity Testing

Dr. Robert Jaffe rjaffe at envirolab.com
Thu Apr 9 21:57:37 EST 1998

I would like to introduce myself. I am the director, founder, president and
sole employee of Environmental Toxicology Laboratory. ETL is a small
research, development and testing laboratory, concentrating its efforts on
new approaches to toxicity testing. ETL has developed and patented a simple,
rapid and inexpensive toxicity screen for water and other types of
biological samples. I call this new toxicity test the Tetramitus Assay. This
test has several advantages over similar systems, including true whole
particle testing. The basic science of this test has been published in the
journal Toxicology and Industrial Health. The cite is: Jaffe, R.L., Rapid
assay of cytotoxicity using Tetramitus flagellates, Toxicology and
Industrial Health; Vol. 11, No. 5, pp.543-558, 1995. Additional information
can be found on ETL's web site at http://www.envirolab.com. I am interested
in speaking and networking with any of my peers and colleagues about this
new bioassay. As a one person show, I would be more than happy to discuss a
collaboration on the further development, validation and demonstration of
this technology. If this message has reached you by mistake, I apologize. If
you feel that others may have an interest in this, please pass it on. Do not
hesitate to contact me if I can provide more information. Thank you.

Dr. Robert Jaffe - Director ETL
rjaffe at envirolab.com

Web Site:  http://www.envirolab.com
Phone: (718) 392-0185
Fax: (718) 392-8654
Postal Address: Environmental Toxicology Laboratory, Inc.
                         45-10 Court Square
                         Long Island City, NY 11101