Mercury in erythrocytes

arie at no.mail.thanks.nl arie at no.mail.thanks.nl
Tue Dec 15 21:20:54 EST 1998


On Wed, 09 Dec 1998 07:23:34 GMT, sean2 at rocketmail.com wrote:

>Hello Lionel,
>
>I'm no expert on mercury poisoning, just a layman who is looking for
>answers too. Apparently the gold standard for seeing how much mercury
>(Hg) is in your body is the DMPS (Dimaval) challenge test. DMPS is a
>chelation agent that binds to the mercury in your body and allows it
>to be excreted. The challenge test involves giving a urine sample,
>then taking the DMPS, and then collecting your urine again for the
>next 6 hours. The 'before and after' levels in the urine give an idea
>of the body's Hg load.

Do NOT take this test with your amalgam fillings in your mouth!
It can draw the mercury from the fillings and distribute it throughout
your body.

arie


>You can get mercury from a number of sources, including seafood and
>amalgam fillings.
>
>Is your doctor giving you a chelation agent to help remove the Hg? I
>know it  takes a long time for the Hg to leave your system, so be
>patient. You might try finding a doc in the UK who is an expert in
>heavy metal poisoning. There will certainly be some around and that
>expertise will make a big difference in determing your Hg levels,
>where it is coming from, and how to get rid of it.
>
>-Good luck! , Sean
>
>
>On 8 Dec 1998 23:09:28 GMT, lmlelyveld at aol.com (LMLELYVELD) wrote:
>
>>Hi Sean,
>>
>>I have recently been diagnosed with 3 x the normal mercury levels accepted. I
>>currently have a reading of 44. My only contact with mercury was when I was an
>>eleven year old at school, I broke a laboratory thermometer in my mouth. When
>>my teacher came into the class immediately after this, I swalled the glass and
>>mercury together. I did cut my mouth. Now, 23 years later, I have developed
>>lesions in my arm and leg. Large amounts of mercury have been removed. My
>>Consultant says that the mercury must have been put into my leg and arm,
>>perhaps self-inflicted. This has taken me totally by surprise as I am not into
>>self-damage and I certainly do not mainline mercury, nor anything else. During
>>the last 4 years I have suffered with many symptoms of mercury poisoning, can
>>you shed any light on this mystery.
>>
>>Thanks for your time.
>>
>>Lionel Lelyveld - Maidenhead, UK
>




More information about the Toxicol mailing list