nicotine info/alt rat poison

Bill Warner wawarner at REMOVETHISbms.com
Thu Jan 8 13:13:01 EST 1998

Brian Sandle asks the question:

> How do glue boards work?

does "roach motel" ring a bell?  They're safe around kids and pets
although kind of messy if they're used as toys <g>.  We've used them in
our barn with mixed results. I checked them 2-3x/day and wacked anything
that got caught.  I wouldn't use them as a "set and forget" trap, too
cruel.

> For mice I have used a tilting tunnel with trap door then into freezer.
> Does the cold produce much suffering?

Prolly more than C2O2 or CO2.  We use live traps in the lab and CO2 the
occasional mouse that escapes.

My rodenticide of choice at home is our pack of 5 Norwich Terriers.
They run around the barn while we do chores and get 1-2 mice/rats a
week.  Not very efficient but fun none the less <g>.

-bill
Biologics Evaluation
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.

--
	-bill	NCB #189

   43^ 12.284'N	   76^ 41.639' W
Half the battle is knowing where you are.