Have you been exposed?

Floyd floyd at floydnet.com
Mon Jan 19 14:09:05 EST 1998

We are deeply concerned about those of you who have been exposed to toxic
chemicals, and may now suffer the effects.

Specifically, we are trying to locate anyone who suffered an  acute exposure
or a prolonged exposure to the chemical  THIRAM.  This chemical is known by
many different names, and we will include as many as we have been able to
determine in this letter.

THIRAM has many uses  and  may be found in  many  industries, including and
prodominately  in  the  rubber  production  industry,  as  well  as  in the
Agriculture industries.   It  is an  excellerator for  rubber production,  and
is used in pesticides,  funguscides,  and  as  a seed treatment.  THIRAM is
also used in small doses  as a  deterant  for  alcohol  reabilitation.
Anyone who drinks alcohol while using the THIRAM treatment will have  a
violent reac- tion, curbing the desire for any alcohol consumption.

The symptoms of an initial acute exposure to THIRAM includes headaches,
blurred vision,  slurred speach, lathergic reactions, burning of the nose and
throat - especially due to an inhilation exposure - flushed skin, shortness of
breath,  possible stomach pain,  and cramps.   Actually, the symptoms could
very well be similar to the effects of an alcohol intoxication.

This is only the beginning.   The  prolonged effects become far more  severe.
After the initial acute exposure,   the victim of   this toxic chemical  may
well begin  to   experience  multiple  symptoms,   though  they  will  not
occure imeadiately, and may in fact take months to  appear.  The first symptom
you may suffer, and which seems to begin immediately or within a few days
after exposure, are the headaches.    The headache   will   remain,    and
will never completely go away -  quite severe at times,  though mild at other
times.  The next warning   sign   the victim may begin to notice will be a
feeling of weak- ness and fatigue.    There  will be an unexplainable lack of
energy, even with the simplest of tasks.    Extreme  temperatures may well
compund this weak-ness.  This symptom will appear   gradually,   and   may
not   be  noticably apparent for   several  weeks   or   even months after the
exposure.    As the weakness and fatigue increas, other symptoms  will  begin
to compound the feeling of an illness.   Many have  mistaken  the  first few
symptoms of this disorder for the flu.  Deep muscle aches and joint  pain will
begin,  become more severe with time.  Gastrointestinal problems may begin,
also becoming severe.  Chest pain,  shortness of breath,  sleep  disorders,
along with  night sweats, and a low grade fever will follow.

Many  victims may well have undergone numerous medical exams, including C.A.T.
scans, M.R.I., E.K.G. Ultrasound, upper and lower G.I., not to mention
numerous blood tests.  All to no avail.  Some of you may even had a doctor
sugest that you seek professional psycological help.  Others may even be
undergoing treatment for Arthritis, though  these  treatments  will do little
to aliviate the painful symptoms of this disorder   -   Be aware, emotional
and mental stress will compound the symptoms of this syndrome.

The most distressing fact about this illness is that it is vertually
undetectable through conventional medical testing, and is not widely
recognized by most medical proffesionals.  This disorder is known as
Fibromyalgia Syndrome, and it is very real.  Only a trained Rhumetologist
familliar with the disorder may accurately and successfully diagnose this
disease.  There is no known cure for Fibromyalgia, however, there is treatment
which will curb the pain and discomfort.

The chemical,   THIRAM, is manufactured by many chemical companies around the
world, including the Bayer "Asprin" Corporation.  Yes, that's right, Bayer.  A
company which we have trusted with our health, and the health of our children
for generations.

If you, or anyone you know are experiencing these symptoms, or have been
diagnosed with   Fibromyalgia Syndrome,   and   have  been exposed to or
suspect an exposure to THIRAM, please contact us immediately on our web sight,
or through  our   E Mail.   For a list of the SYNS. and manufacturers trade
names for THIRAM, contact our web sight at http:// floydnet.com/pat

You may also wish to access  additional  data concerning THIRAM and its uses,
its toxic effects, and Hazardous materials regulations through the web.

Email pat at floydnet.com