RV: pesticides....

Dra Susana Der Parsehian parsegh at satlink.com
Tue Jan 27 01:14:59 EST 1998

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Dra Susana Der Parsehian <parsegh at satlink.com>
Para: toxicol at net.bio.net <toxicol at net.bio.net>
Fecha: martes 27 de enero de 1998 3:07
Asunto: pesticides....

 I need your help!  I live in  Buenos Aires,Argentina=20
I am a  PhD specialized in haemostasis problems in newborns and =
prematures with low birth weight, a neonatal biochemist and  =
toxicologist .
=20
May any of you tell me which is the best methodology of searching  and  =
quantifying pesticides in fat of human milk?.
=20
In my country   I can only do this at the University  and they didn;t =
allow me to  do without any payments.
=20
I work at a Public  Hospital our poblation is pregnant women with =
problems newborns and prematures all them of a high risk and our =
resources are as usual in any country in development : :(
so I  couln't afford alone the payment of chromatographics columns for =
pesticides which cost 1100 US dollars for each pesticide=20
but still I don;t know what is the methodology applied.
Worldwide is trying to teach mothers from countries in development that =
breastfeeding is the best for the babies health  I am trying to help  in =
having healthier children ..
Oh how could I explain my projects and sorrows =20
without any misunderstadings...
I am involved with polution problems in my country since I was 17 years =
now I am 42
I have made  research about Air polution on  the Capital State of Buenos =
Aires Argentina and  it was sent by a professor of  our University to =
Air Polution Congress that was held in Washington DC in 1980!
=20
I am member of lactation group in my country and in contact with members =
of lactation of  USA I an active  member of IPC ( international =
Pediatric Chat) and leader of Spanish Pediatrics Live Education =
Sessions..=20
I do what I have to do for a better future for our children!!!!=20
=20
Would anyone  give me some help? =20
if you think I need =20
 to be l entrained  in those  methodologies I  could travel for learning =
them=20
=20
=20
yours truly