Query for experts on fluorine/fluorides

Julia Laylander jlayland at XMISSION.COM
Tue Jan 27 15:18:21 EST 1998

--------------D6B4E24B2F231E151A0D4237

Hello --

I urgently need answers to the following questions for my research:

1.    Are there any human pathogens which are resistant (even mildly
resistant) to fluorides (NaF, etc.)?  If so, what are they, and what is
the level of their resistance?  Is this resistance pH dependent?
2.    Does anyone have any information on gender differences with
respect to fluoride's effects and/or toxicity in animals?  Any gender
differences in clinical findings or typical organismal responses which
are even slightly statistically significant would be helpful; for
example, fluoride-induced changes in bone and calcified soft tissues
differing by gender, or time/dose response differences to toxic or
sub-toxic doses, or general sensitivity differences by gender.
3.    Fluorides can be enzyme inhibitors or activators.  Does anyone
know where I can obtain a comprehensive list of all the enzymes that
fluoride inhibits or activates?

Thanks very much for your help!  You may e-mail me directly at:
jlayland at xmission.com

Julia Laylander

--------------D6B4E24B2F231E151A0D4237

<HTML>
Hello --

<P>I urgently need answers to the following questions for my research:

<P>1.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Are there any human pathogens which are resistant
(even mildly resistant) to fluorides (NaF, etc.)?&nbsp; If so, what are
they, and what is the level of their resistance?&nbsp; Is this resistance
pH dependent?
<BR>2.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Does anyone have any information on <U>gender
differences</U> with respect to fluoride's effects and/or toxicity in animals?&nbsp;
Any gender differences in clinical findings or typical organismal responses
which are even slightly statistically significant would be helpful; for
example, fluoride-induced changes in bone and calcified soft tissues differing
by gender, or time/dose response differences to toxic or sub-toxic doses,
or general sensitivity differences by gender.
<BR>3.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Fluorides can be enzyme inhibitors or activators.&nbsp;
Does anyone know where I can obtain a <U>comprehensive</U> list of all
the enzymes that fluoride inhibits or activates?

<P>Thanks very much for your help!&nbsp; You may e-mail me directly at:&nbsp;
jlayland at xmission.com

<P>Julia Laylander</HTML>