hepatotoxin cyanobacterial

Ben Long ben_long at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Nov 5 16:51:35 EST 1998

In article <363DA23A.F930444A at uqu.edu.sa>, allayl at uqu.edu.sa ("Dr. Khaled
Jamel Allayl") wrote:

> hello everyone on    THE TOXICOL NET ,
>
>                     I am looking for an article about suspected effect
> of Cyanobacterial toxins on human health . If anyone had come to any
> recent papers or articles about this subject,
> Please contact me on allayl at uqu.edu.sa or send copy to my P.O.Box 8359
> Makkah ,
> Saudi Arabia .
>
>                                       Thank you for help me
>
> Dr. Khaled  Jamel Al-layl

Check out issues of the Lancet from August this year.  I can't remember
the exact issue, but there should be a paper on toxins implicated in
Caruaru Syndrome where quite a number of kidney dialysis patients who died
as a result of microcystins in their dialysis water.  There is also
another paper in (I think) the New England Journal of Medicine earlier
this year.  If you can do a medline search (or similar) search for the
authors Wayne W. Carmichael, Sandra O. Azevedo and Geoff Codd.  These
names should come up with the relevant references plus a few others.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ben

--
Don't e-mail me... that's not my real address!