RTCS database

Boyd Reid Steere steere at mbi.ucla.edu
Sat Nov 14 17:06:00 EST 1998

As an academic researcher, I rely heavily on the availability of
toxicology data in the RTECS database not only due to its (now tenuous)
free access, but also because it contains information on compounds such
as bacterial toxins which are not available at all in the MSDS.  The
further commercialization of RTECS threatens not only the efficiency of
academic research, but whether it is even done at all.