Toxicology Testing

John Pickrell Pickrell at vet.ksu.edu
Wed Sep 8 12:37:54 EST 1999

Jim,

Houses are tested by certified industrial hygeinists, and engineers for sick house syndrome.  Under or ineffective ventilation usually raises the CO2 in the house and that can be assayed in the air.  >600 ppm is suggestive.  In addition, there are increases of oxides of nitrogen, increases in formaldehyde and increases in particulate material.  Allerginicity may be traced to microbial (bacteria and molds) sources.

As a former employee of The Lovelace Institute, they will be glad to hear from you, and you can look for consultancy firms in Arizona, usually in large cities.

Plants often die because they dry out or are too wet.  IF we change localities and enter a drier, reduced relative humidity zone, this is often the explanation.

Best,

John Pickrell
Kansas State University
Environmental Toxicology

>>> Rosalind Dalefield <rdalefie at rvc.ac.uk> 09/07/99 10:05PM >>>
You could try contacting the Lovelace Institute in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
 They specialize in inhalation toxicology and might well know who could
test your house for you.
Whatever you do, I suggest you consult a scientist rather than a
scientologist.
Cheers,
Rosalind