Amalgam ban demanded in Germany

Joel M. Eichen joele at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 23 18:20:08 EST 1999

arie_ at hotmail.com wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 01:21:47 +0200, "Hans Lennros"
><hans.lennros at swipnet.se> wrote:

>>Hi Arie,
>>
>>You wrote:
>>>I did not know the story with which they try to keep the workers working.
>>
>>Workers?       We are talking 8 - 12 year old kids here!

>I there might be a misunderstanding between the two of us. You wrote:
>"The employers say to the workers that all people in the Western World
>has mercury in their teeth. Grown-ups do not believe this. That's why
>they can only use 8 to 12 year old children in the process."

       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You guys are getting dangerous! Not one mention about amalgam either!

Grandjean P, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Methylmercury neurotoxicity in Amazonian children downstream from
gold mining.
     Environ Health Perspect. 1999 Jul;107(7):587-91.
     PMID: 10379006; UI: 99336612.

    Murata K, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Evoked potentials in Faroese children prenatally exposed to
methylmercury.
     Neurotoxicol Teratol. 1999 Jul-Aug;21(4):471-2.
     [MEDLINE record in process]
     PMID: 10440491; UI: 99367103.

    Marsh DO, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Fetal methylmercury poisoning: clinical and toxicological data on
29 cases.
     Ann Neurol. 1980 Apr;7(4):348-53.
     PMID: 7377761; UI: 80196815.

    Pfeiffer WC, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Mercury concentrations in inland waters of gold-mining areas in
Rondonia, Brazil.
     Sci Total Environ. 1989 Nov;87-88:233-40.
     PMID: 2609151; UI: 90117130.

    Klemann D, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     [Effects of amalgam fillings on the mercury concentrations in
amniotic fluid and breast milk].
     Dtsch Zahnarztl Z. 1990 Mar;45(3):142-5. German.
     PMID: 2257818; UI: 91078220.

    de Kom JF, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Mercury exposure of maroon workers in the small scale gold mining
in Suriname.
     Environ Res. 1998 May;77(2):91-7.
     PMID: 9600801; UI: 98263195.

    Malm O.           [See Related Articles]
     Gold mining as a source of mercury exposure in the Brazilian
Amazon.
     Environ Res. 1998 May;77(2):73-8. Review.
     PMID: 9600798; UI: 98263192.

    Lebel J, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Evidence of early nervous system dysfunction in Amazonian
populations exposed to low-levels of methylmercury.
     Neurotoxicology. 1996 Spring;17(1):157-67.
     PMID: 8784826; UI: 96379277.

    Nielsen JB, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Evaluation of mercury in hair, blood and muscle as biomarkers for
methylmercury exposure in male and female mice.
     Arch Toxicol. 1994;68(5):317-21.
     PMID: 8085943; UI: 94368231.

    Grandjean P, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Methylmercury: significance of intrauterine and postnatal
exposures.
     Clin Chem. 1994 Jul;40(7 Pt 2):1395-400. Review.
     PMID: 8013126; UI: 94282935.

    Cernichiari E, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Monitoring methylmercury during pregnancy: maternal hair predicts
fetal brain exposure.
     Neurotoxicology. 1995 Winter;16(4):705-10.
     PMID: 8714874; UI: 96361494.

    Olivero J, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     [Hair mercury levels in different occupational groups in a gold
mining zone in the north of Colombia].
     Rev Saude Publica. 1995 Oct;29(5):376-9. Spanish.
     PMID: 8731277; UI: 96341402.

    Malm O, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Mercury and methylmercury in fish and human hair from the Tapajos
river basin, Brazil.
     Sci Total Environ. 1995 Dec 11;175(2):141-50.
     PMID: 8560242; UI: 96134166.

    Leino T, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Human hair mercury levels in Tucurui area, State of Para, Brazil.

     Sci Total Environ. 1995 Dec 11;175(2):119-25.
     PMID: 8560241; UI: 96134165.

    Branches FJ, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     The price of gold: mercury exposure in the Amazonian rain forest.

     J Toxicol Clin Toxicol. 1993;31(2):295-306.
     PMID: 8492342; UI: 93260750.

    Lebel J, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Neurotoxic effects of low-level methylmercury contamination in
the Amazonian Basin.
     Environ Res. 1998 Oct;79(1):20-32.
     PMID: 9756677; UI: 98429740.

    Kingman A, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Mercury concentrations in urine and whole blood associated with
amalgam exposure in a US military population.
     J Dent Res. 1998 Mar;77(3):461-71.
     PMID: 9496919; UI: 98156633.

    Paccagnella B, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     [Total mercury levels in human milk from Italian mothers having
not been particularly exposed to methyl-mercury].
     Ann Ig. 1989 May-Aug;1(3-4):661-71. Italian.
     PMID: 2483638; UI: 90211757.

    Ikingura JR, et al.           [See Related Articles]
     Monitoring of fish and human exposure to mercury due to gold
mining in the Lake Victoria goldfields, Tanzania.
     Sci Total Environ. 1996 Nov 18;191(1-2):59-68.
     PMID: 8885424; UI: 97039878.

        documents on this page through Loansome Doc

                                        This is page 1 of 64.

                                               Page