Amalgam ban demanded in Germany

Renate Ratlos renate.ratlos at bigfoot.com
Wed Sep 29 11:55:46 EST 1999

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:05:49 GMT, joele at earthlink.net (Joel M. Eichen)
wrote:

>Germany bans the use of amalgam . . . . . .
>
>and outlaws the unfair Lands' End advertising in the process.
>
>Ahhh, those Germans. They figure they can't compete with us
>so what do they do?

Equal rights for everybody. The case with Land's End is one of many
cases of comparing advertising. Comparing advertising is forbidden in
Germany no matter WHO is making it.

>They create laws favoring and protecting
>their own inferior industry.

You are talking about the USA and their cannon boat politics.

>In England they advertise, "Our products come with a guarantee
>so good that it is banned in Germany!"

Clever company. And in Germany they say the same.

>Zippo Lighters too, had to change their advertising within
>Germany. In the rest of the world, they proclaim a "Lifetime
>Guarantee." In Germany, its only a "30 year guarantee."
>However, this does comply with German Law.

Lifetime guarantee is, pardon my French, bullshit.

--
Müdigkeit    http://www.teleport.com/~ctseng/cfs_pages/index.html
Amalgam      http://www.ariplex.com/ama/ama_p0.htm