Amalgam ban demanded in Germany

Michael Stanley thesmilecentre at home.com
Wed Sep 29 16:53:26 EST 1999

A while back I walked into Sears with a broken 3/8" ratchet (wrench). I
told the salesman I broke it loosening a lug nut on my '74 Beetle (German
quality - 200,000+ miles). Salesman placed a new one in a sack, which he
handed to me,  took the old broken one and tossed it into a box under the
register. He said "Come back when you need a new one. You may like to try
a 1/2" ratchet or a lug wrench next time."  No questions, no complaints,
no "bullshit".

Patient broke a PFM crown. Five years in the mouth. Replaced "No Charge".
Apologized for the inconvenience.

We can afford these things when we know that they are rarities.

mls ;)